| related posts |Want to invest in oil extraction business but do not know where to start? You can first begin a small type cooking oil extraction unit by targeting local consumers.
As an entrepreneur you definitely understand that entering into an already established industry such as cooking oil extraction can be limiting due to competition from large companies. This does not mean you should give up on a brilliant idea. The best option is to begin by targeting local consumers. This is where a small cooking oil extraction unit comes in handy. Important factors to consider include an understanding of the extraction process, equipment, what makes the small extraction unit favorable.
General Cooking oil Extraction Process
The extraction process might vary depending on the raw material you have access to. The general extraction process for most seeds is as outlined below:
- The process begins by cleaning the nuts to remove dirt and any unwanted solids.
- In the case of nuts and seeds the shells are then removed mechanically.
- The seeds are then crushed leaving you with a cake.
- The cake is then heated to facilitate the extraction of oil.
- After heating the cake is pressed to separate the liquid oil from the solid cake.
- At this stage solvents may be added to remove additional oil.
- Finally, the oil is refined to get rid of bitterness, and undesired color and odor before being packaged.
Small Type Cooking oil Extraction UnitOur small cooking oil extraction unit is fully adopted mechanical driven, it connects a series small oil processing equipment together to realize continuous oil extraction with easier operation and higher rate of oil yield. The oil essentially can be extracted from seeds such as castor, cotton, soybean seeds, canola seeds, linseed, sunflower, sesame, groundnut, and peanut etc.
Advantages of the Small Type Extraction UnitIf you want to produce cooking oil on small scale then you should consider small type units as a result of the following factors:
- They are cost effective for small scale producers because they are cheaper and easy to operate and maintain.
- They don't eat up much space meaning you will not have to spend a lot on rent.
- Electricity consumption is minimal and with manual units you will not need electricity.
- You don't need any training to operate these units.
Small cooking oil extraction machine should not require a large space. Depending on the raw material you are using you will either need a dehullling machine(removing hulls from seeds) or a milling machine. This is because seeds like sunflower need to be dehulled before being crushed and for corn you might need a mill. Click here to see more about groundnut oil extraction machine.
If you are dealing with nuts and seeds then you will need a crusher to grind the raw material in order to end up with a cake. Most crushing machines come fitted with an expeller that allows the cake to be expelled effectively to a presser. If you are able to find a crusher and expeller in a single unit the better.
A steam boiler helps in distilling out the liquid oil from its solvent mixture. Depending on your preferred packaging method you might need additional packaging equipment.
If you have read this article keenly, then you have obviously realized that starting a small cooking oil extraction unit is no rocket science. By targeting local consumers you can rake in huge profits without investing heavily. Once you are ready with the final product. All you need is a good packaging and marketing strategy. This way you can compete favorably with large companies for the local market. Welcome to get in touch with us whenever you are interested in our oil extraction products!